Dr. Paredez was recently named a Top Doctor by San Diego magazine and also received a 2016 "People Love Us on Yelp" Award.
Dr. Paredez is dedicated to providing the highest level of personalized and compassionate, evidence-based care to his patients.
Dr. Paredez is board certified in both Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He is known for conscientious care of his patients and is recognized for having excellent clinical and endoscopic skills and a warm bedside manner.
- Dr. Paredez currently serves as the Chief of Gastroenterology at Scripps Memorial La Jolla where he was voted one of the “Favorite Doctors on Campus.”
- Dr. Paredez ranks in the TOP 5 percent of California Gastroenterologists for Colon Cancer Screenings per the California Physician Performance Initiative.
- Dr. Paredez was awarded as one of America’s Top Physicians by the Consumer Research Council.
- Dr. Paredez’s interest in medicine started early when he graduated from the magnet school Health Careers High School in San Antonio, Texas.
- He received his bachelor’s degree in biology and chemistry with honors from the University of Texas at Austin
- He received his medical degree from the University of Texas Southwestern at Dallas.
- He completed his internship and residency at the University of New Mexico at Albuquerque and then completed a three year fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology including research in liver disease in US Veterans and focused training in advanced endoscopy and Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography (ERCP).
Dr. Paredez’s memberships include:
- American Gastroenterological Society
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- San Diego County Gastroenterology Society
- Southern California Gastroenterology Association
- San Diego County and California Medical Societies
- International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Executive Council of the American Cancer Society
- Board of Directors of Ximed Medical Group
Dr. Paredez manages all aspects of Gastroenterology and has additional interest and expertise in:
- Colorectal Cancer screening and Colonoscopy
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Evaluation of abdominal pain