Since the COVID-19 outbreak, Medicare and most insurance contracts are NOW covering Telemedicine appointments the same as in-person visits. Dr. Mayer and Dr. Paredez are now scheduling Telemedicine appointments for new and established patients. There are a few insurance contracts that are not covering this benefit, so we must have everyone sign the Advance Beneficiary Notice.
- Telemedicine visits are quick and the vast majority of patients are extremely pleased with the convenience.
- We are currently able to utilize many user-friendly platforms including Facetime for Telemedicine visits. The simplest and easiest way is for the doctor to send you a text message and you click on the link, which opens the video chat.
- We are seeing all urgent and non-urgent visits at this time and are able to schedule some procedures depending on the urgency.
If you wish to schedule a Telemedicine appointment, please call our office at (858) 453-5200.
Instructions for filling and signing forms:
- If you wish to complete your registration via our online portal, please click here. Once the website opens, click on “Patients Start Here” and enter the password you were given when scheduling your appointment.
- If you wish to fill out and sign your forms digitally, please download and save the PDF file. Once the document has been downloaded and saved, you will need to open the document in Adobe Acrobat. This will allow you fill out all fields and provide an electronic signature where necessary. Once completed save the file.
- If you wish to fill out and sign your forms manually, please print out the documents to complete by hand. Once completed, scan the documents and save the file.
- We will provide you with an email address to send your completed documents when you call us to schedule your appointment.